Smile Makeover Candidates
By Maryam Motlagh D.M.D on August 10, 2016
At Aesthetic Smiles℠, we make every effort to preserve the health of your smile. By maintaining your oral health, we can ensure that you have healthy teeth that last a lifetime. But many patients want more than a healthy smile; they want a beautiful smile as well. Indeed, in today’s society, beauty is important. An attractive smile can enhance your overall appearance, and make you feel more confident. And there is no doubt that a great smile and attitude can improve your personal and professional relationships.
That is why Dr. Maryam Motlagh and the team at Aesthetic Smiles℠ offer customized smile makeover treatment plans. Using a combination of cosmetic dentistry procedures, we can improve the appearance of your smile. To find out if you are a good smile makeover candidate, contact our Portland, OR today.
Spotlight on a Smile Makeover Patient
This patient was born with two missing anterior teeth, which resulted in gaps and asymmetry. Dr. Motlagh designed a custom treatment plan that included porcelain veneers and the laser gum contouring procedure. Dr. Motlagh expertly designed the veneers to make it appear as though the patient has a full set of aligned, uniform teeth. The gum contouring procedure created a beautiful frame for the teeth, putting the final touch on this patient’s smile makeover.
Determining if a Smile Makeover Is Right for You
If you wish to have a smile makeover, you should have good oral health and be unhappy with the appearance of cosmetic dental flaws.
Healthy Teeth and Gums
To find out if you are a good candidate for a smile makeover, schedule a dental exam at our practice. We will take X-rays and Dr. Motlagh will examine your teeth and gums to ensure that they are free of infection and other dental problems. If we identify areas of tooth decay or gum disease, these conditions will need to be treated and oral health restored before you can undergo smile makeover treatment.
Aesthetic Dental Imperfections
Patients that wish to undergo the smile makeover procedure want to change certain aspects of their smiles. If you have any of the following dental imperfections, you may be a good candidate for a smile makeover.
- Tooth discoloration: Tooth discoloration can be reduced with teeth whitening, or we can mask stains with porcelain veneers or dental bonding.
- Uneven gum line or gummy smile: Dr. Motlagh can perform the laser gum contouring procedure to reduce the amount of gum tissue that shows when you smile, or to create a more symmetrical gum line.
- Misshaped teeth: If certain teeth are too small in proportion to surrounding teeth, or are otherwise misshaped, we can use porcelain veneers or dental crowns to create a more uniform appearance.
- Crooked teeth: Crooked teeth can be treated with orthodontic treatment such as Invisalign®. In some cases, we may be able to create an illusion of straight teeth with porcelain veneers.
- Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth can be filled in with porcelain veneers or dental bonding, or orthodontic treatment can be performed to shift the teeth and bring them closer together.
To find out if you are a good candidate for a smile makeover, contact Aesthetic Smiles℠ today.
Related to This
“By far, the best dental service I have ever received! The entire staff is friendly, outgoing and very helpful in explaining what's going on throughout your visit.” Marcus E.